Columbia men's walking boots and shoes are made to provide comfort, style and protection from the elements to hikers. Whether you're going for a day hike outdoors or a four-day hike in the mountains, you will need a reliable and lightweight boot to be your ally.
Choosing the perfect pair of walking boots for men can be challenging. But hopefully, we've created this guide for you to find the right pair ! walking requires comfort : midsole cushioning technologies, breathability and choosing the right size will ensure this.
You will also need good grip : An excellent outsole with traction control and quality rubber will help.
Finally, you may also need protection from the elements : Yes, even if you're not walking under the rain, you need protection from humidity. Even an "average" summer only day hiker will encounter humidity : Poodles, droplets on the grass, light rain showers etc...
... Columbia designs walking boots and shoes for men with different profiles :
You will find "low" profile shoes : They're generally light, allow for nimble movement and quick walking. But they offer little protection and support around the ankle. They're generally chosen for day hikes with few technical difficulties or, by people who are ready to sacrifice some protection and support for a sporty walking shoe.
We have "high" profile walking boots : They're more protective around the entire foot (sole, toes, heel) and more supporting around the ankle. People like them for their ability to protect their feet from pointy rocks and shocks from the front. With their high profile, walking boots will easily keep the snow and water from coming in. Finally, they provide excellent support to the ankle, which makes them a good choice for technical and / or long hikes.
Finally, there are "mid" profile walking shoes : They combine the best of both worlds and are fit for a wide variety of walking styles. From the mountain adventurous hikes to the classic day walk outdoors, they will prove to be good allies.
Columbia hiking technologies : We provide comfort to hikers
As weather conditions can change fast in the mountain, humidity is always present. Even during a sunny day, you may encounter poodles, wet grass or rivers that you need to cross (if not unexpected rain showers). For all these reasons, you may want to consider choosing a waterproof
Here are the waterproof levels we offer :
• Not waterproof : These shoes do not offer any protection from water. However, they prove extremely light and breathable. They are perfect for warm conditions : They will breathe the heat and the sweat out like no other pair.
• Drizzle. These are typically low profile shoes that are fit for active hiking or even trail running sometimes. Thanks to their construction, these shoes can survive drizzle and a few droplets in the grass. They do not have a waterproof membrane, which explains their light protection. They are also good at breathing out moisture.
• Downpour. These shoes have a waterproof and breathable membrane called Omni-Tech™. It's a seam-sealed membrane bootie construction that will prove durable and efficient. You lose a little breathability and gain some weight but, you'll be ready for anything mother nature throws at you. Bear in mind that the profile of the shoe matters in the waterproofness level : A high boot will offer a higher protection.
• Deluge. It speaks for itself right ? Out-Dry™ membrane is the ultimate waterproof standard. It's basically a one-piece breathable membrane that seals water out.
But there's more :
• Techlite+™ is the next generation cushioning standard that will ensure extra comfort and stability all day long
• Omni-grip™ is an outsole grip technology. Its job is to hold tight on any terrain thanks to great sole and rubber composition design
• Navic Fit System™ : A lace system that delivers a natural midfoot lock down. Your shoe will follow your lead with precision !
Can I wear hiking shoes every day ?
Men's walking boots and shoes are the best choice for day walks, quick walking, longer hikes and trekking. They will prove perfectly fit as they give support to your feet and allow you to walk long distances without feeling sore. They will protect you from pointy rock, shocks from the front, twisted ankle etc... They're also useful when weather turns bad : They offer protection from the rain with their waterproof membrane. Mens boots are also fit for outdoor and city context : Because they offer excellent foot support, you will be able to walk long distances with unparalleled comfort.
We also have a specific range tailored for mixed use : Our versatile hybrid walking shoes are perfect to combine small hikes outdoors and daily urban use. How do we do that ? We have designed technical shoes with great support and traction allied to a modern and sober urban look. Ready for your next hike? Don't forget to take a peak at men walking pants and walking bags!
Are you sure you want to remove the following product from the Bag?